Now that it’s August, I can’t help but notice that we’re in the midst of the dog days of summer!
You know, those lazy, crazy hot days when it’s almost too hot to function. Well, snap out of it! August is National Immunization Awareness Month and it’s important to take an active role in the preservation of your health. August also has other very important health awareness campaigns listed below:
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Children's Eye Health and Safety Month
- National Immunization Awareness Month
- Psoriasis Awareness Month
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month
Children, teens, adults, pregnant women, the elderly and those with chronic conditions should educate themselves about immunizations because they protect against serious diseases and possible death.
Listed below are steps outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to protect yourself and those you love:
- Learn about which immunizations are recommended based on age, gender, health conditions, etc.
- Talk with your healthcare provider about the pros/cons of each vaccine and which ones are right for you.
- Get Vaccinated!
- Keep track of your vaccinations so that you can stay up to date.
- Get the word out by creating awareness (share information learned with family and friends, spotlight the importance of immunizations in a company newsletter, host an awareness event, etc.)
Got prevention? Immunizations and vaccines save lives! Click here for more information.