Benefits & HR Considerations for Interns and Other Temporary Workers
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:00pm - 3:00pm EDTRegister
- This event has passed. View our upcoming events here.
About the Event
Businesses that employ interns or other temporary workers may question whether they are obligated to offer health insurance and other employee benefits to these employees.
The answer to this question may depend on several factors, including whether the intern or temporary work is paid or unpaid, full-time or part-time, whether the employer is an applicable large employer under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and the terms of the employer’s HR policies and procedures.
During this session, attendees will learn:
- Strategies around medical benefit offerings for temps and interns
- How to leverage ancillary benefits
- Employee relations considerations with temps and interns
- Common pitfalls with the temporary employee population
*This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ re-certification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
2:00pm - 3:00pm EDT