Compliance Roadshow 2019: Hotel Nia
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:30am - 2:00pm PST
- This event has passed. View our upcoming events here.
About the Event
As human resource and employee benefits professionals, you often wear many hats. With the passage of new rules and regulations, on top of an already complex employee benefits landscape, juggling various compliance concerns has become increasingly challenging. The key to minimizing your employee benefits compliance risk is ensuring that you are aware of and able to address common compliance risk and issues that arise in the day-to-day administration of your plan. This seminar will include an overview of many pressing compliance issues, such as those arising under Consumer Driven Health Plans, ERISA, Section 125, COBRA, HIPAA, and PPACA.
Navigate the Sea of Compliance Complexities
Customize your Compliance Roadshow experience to fit your schedule.
Choose One Session or Join Us For Both
Session 1: An Interactive Crash Course in Employee Benefits with Erica Cordova Zinkie
- During this interactive session, attendees will win prizes while learning:
- ERISA Reporting, Disclosure, and Fiduciary Requirements
- Permissible Mid-Year Election Changes
- PPACA Coverage Reforms & Mandates
- COBRA Qualifying Event & Notice Requirements
- HDHP, HSA, HRA, and FSA Plan Coordination
- HIPAA Privacy & Nondiscrimination Requirements
- State Benefits Law, where applicable.
Session 2: Employee Benefits Reform Road Trip with Annette Bechtold
- During this session, attendees will learn:
- Latest Developments on Health Care Reform
- Proposed Federal Legislation Impacting Your Employee Benefits
- Newly Issued Federal Employee Benefits Regulations
- Emerging Legal Cases and Agency Guidance
- Preeminent State Law Issues
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am | Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am | Session 1
- 11:00 am - 11:30 am | Q&A and Networking
- 11:45 am - 12:30 pm | Registration & Lunch
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm | Session 2
- 1:30 pm - 2:00pm | Q&A and Networking
This activity has been approved for 1.5 HR per session (General) re-certification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ re-certification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs per session for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
9:30am - 2:00pm PST
200 Independence Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025