Samantha partners with employers and insurance consultants to develop practical solutions to compliance issues. She has experience practicing employee benefits law and employment law, serving clients with a variety of employment-related issues, including health and welfare employee benefits, employee leave policies, accommodations, discrimination and employment contracts. In addition to working directly with employers, she regularly conducts compliance webinars internally and externally.
She is also experienced with federal employee benefits laws, and provides guidance on a variety of compliance issues, including:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA);
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA);
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- Internal Revenue Code (IRC);
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA); and
- Various other laws relating to health and welfare benefit plans.
Prior to joining OneDigital, Samantha was in-house counsel for a Minnesota privately held technology company.