HIPAA Privacy & Security
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDTRegister
- This event has passed. View our upcoming events here.
About the Event
UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS OF COMPLYING WITH HIPAA FOR GROUP HEALTH PLANS
In the midst of the HIPAA Phase II audits, it is more important than ever to understand your obligations as a group health plan to comply with HIPAA.
HIPAA sets out a complex framework of compliance mandates for securing protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (E-PHI). While many of these requirements are intuitive, others are not, but the penalty risk for noncompliance is all the same.
During this session, attendees will learn:
- HIPAA Privacy Requirements
- HIPAA Security Requirements
- Basic Steps to Protect PHI and E-PHI
- Privacy & Security Breach Procedures
- HHS Enforcement Initiatives
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
2:00pm - 3:00PM EDT