Year-end can be a stressful time for many HR and benefits professionals, and it can feel like the list of tasks needing your attention keeps building.
When it feels like the sky is falling, it helps to get a little perspective and inspiration to help us work smarter, not harder. Whether you have a long commute or are simply looking for some audio entertainment, find out how others in your field are overcoming organizational hurdles and adopting inventive ways of facing challenges.
Here are 10 podcasts to binge that will help you finish the year off strong – and with your sanity intact:
- DriveThru HR – an exciting and easy-to-digest discourse that covers topics relevant to managing today’s workforce. Each 30-minute episode features guest speakers who share knowledge and first-hand experience on a range of human resource topics such as HR technology, recruiting, talent management, leadership, organizational culture and strategic HR.
- HBR IdeaCast – a weekly podcast that takes a fresh-thinking approach to business and management. Each episode is less than 30 minutes and features lively interviews with industry professionals, scientists, and journalists, covering one general topic or issue per episode.
- HR Happy Hour – a long-running HR podcast with over 300 episodes that teach HR professionals about the most important news and trends on human resources, management, leadership and workforce technology.
- HR Studio Podcast – a leadership development podcast designed to accelerate the advancement of new aspiring, and established HR leaders by offering content that educates, informs and build skillsets. Guests featured are HR executive, thought leaders, authors, speakers and trend-spotters from diverse industries.
- HR Works – focuses on providing relevant and actionable information on key trends that matter in today’s workplace such as mental health, employee engagement and current events.
- Nine to Thrive HR – Looking for fresh content to solve your human capital issues but don't have a full hour? Subscribe to the HCI podcast series to gain access to leading HR practitioners from Fortune 1000 companies, as well thought-leaders, authors and academics. These experts cover everything from talent acquisition and analytics to engagement, retention and development.
- What the Health – hear from top health policy reporters from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Politico and other media outlets as they discuss the latest news and explain the latest healthcare and policy changes from the hill in Washington.
- Redesigning Wellness – explores the world of corporate health to help employers build strategic wellness programs that engage employees. Includes interviews from experts in various specialties to demystify the common worksite wellness program.
- Benefits Influencer – highlights the strategists, thought leaders and operatives who are impacting, the employee benefits and HR industry. Each episode delivers actionable insights, tactics and innovations from employee benefits brokers, benefits advisors, HR professionals, insurance company executives, tech companies and others in the employee benefits and human resources ecosystem.
- Friends with Employee Benefits and HR – We saved the best for last!
Check out a NEW podcast channel from OneDigital. We feature fresh thinking from our own thought leaders and discuss today’s latest trends in employee benefits, HR, compliance and health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Bonus Episodes: September is Suicide Prevention Month
- Resonating Voices in the Wellness World – Supporting Employees & Reducing Mental Health Stigma: Expert Interview with Mettie Spiess, Founder of a World Without Suicide.
- Redesigning Wellness – Crushing Mental Health Stigma, let’s talk about mental health. People are struggling and at the very least, we’re in the position to highlight mental health resources available to our population.
Looking for more benefits and HR inspiration? Visit OneDigital’s Fresh Thinking Blog to see how you can adopt the latest trends, innovative strategies and unique approaches to help you tackle any challenges that come your way.
Would you like to speak with a benefits strategist? Contact a consultant near you.